There are many studies showing that humor is correlated with satisfaction with life. People who report humor as a strength, report more satisfaction.
Increasing positive emotions has tremendous benefits for your emotional health, physical health and relationships. In order to flourish, research has shown that people need to experience at least three positive emotions for every one negative emotion they experience.
Increasing humor in your life will help you cope with stress.
Three Week Humor Project
I’m put together an email series to help you do a self experiment with increasing your experiences of humor in your daily life.
How It Works:
You’ll get an email once a day with a small task to do for three weeks, excluding weekends (15 emails in total).
- Note that the project isn’t about joke telling, it’s about increasing your experience of humor in your life. The project combines positive psychology, mindfulness, and a little bit of Cognitive-Behavioral Psychology.
How This Came About
I did my own Humor Project a couple of months ago and I decided to share what I learned. I’m still experiencing the benefits of increasing my use of humor in my own life several months after doing the project. (Those of you who follow the blog will know I regularly do 30 Day personal happiness projects in which I road test techniques from psychology research).
100% Money Back Guarantee. If you complete the series and think it sucks, you can get your money back.
Buy Now for 9.99 USD with no risk.
Dr Alice Boyes
Clinical psychology PhD
Choose a Topic to Read More...
- 21 Days of Tips about Willpower (21)
- 30, 15, and 10 Day Personal Projects Guides (5)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) (39)
- Adult ADHD (7)
- Anxiety (122)
- Avoidant Coping (21)
- Bipolar Disorder (4)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (120)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Podcast (2)
- Depression (93)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) (4)
- Exercise (4)
- Happiness (86)
- Healthy Eating (39)
- Mindfulness (15)
- Parenting (10)
- Perfectionism (1)
- Positive Psychology (36)
- Procrastination (13)
- Psychology Trends (7)
- Relationships (76)
- Self Esteem (60)
- Self-Compassion (11)
- Sleep (2)
- Social Anxiety (21)
- Stress (6)
- Travel psychology (3)
- Worry (17)