Best Psychology Audio Books
If you use the link below you can get any psychology audiobook COMPLETELY FREE as part of a free trial from Audible (Audible is owned by Amazon.com). You’ll be able to download the audiobook to your computer instantly.
You can play your psychology audio book on your ipod or directly on your computer. They’re great entertainment for when you’re exercising, running errands, doing housework, or winding down to sleep.
Psychology Audio Books recommended by Clinical psychology PhD, Dr Alice Boyes
The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal.
Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Humor Strength by John Tierney and Prof Roy Baumeister.
Dieting and Weight Loss
- The Beck Diet Solution, by Cognitive psychology PhD Dr Judith Beck.
- The How Of Happiness, by psychology PhD Dr Sonja Lyubomirsky.
- Positivity, by psychology PhD Dr Barbara Fredrickson
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (memoir of her personal happiness project. She’s not a psychology PhD but the tips are good).
Improving Your Relationship and Understanding Your Relationship Patterns
- Hold Me Tight, by psychology PhD Dr Sue Johnson (founder of Emotion Focused Couple’s Therapy).
- 10 Lessons to Transform Your Marriage, by psychology PhD and Relationships Expert Dr John Gottman.
- Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD. Includes 5 guided meditations.
Here’s the link for the free trial again -
- How the free trial works is that you need to cancel the trial before the trial period expires to avoid your credit card being charged. You can keep your book even after you cancel the trial.
- The free trial is available for people in and outside the US but some audiobooks may not be available depending on your location.
- Listen to the audio sample before choosing your book, to make sure you like the reader’s voice.