The Best Relationship Self Help Books
These are the two best relationship self help books.
I often recommend these to my therapy clients.
1. The All Time Classic Relationship Self Help Book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert by psychology PhD Dr John Gottman and Nan Silver. (In The How of Happiness, Sonja Lyubomirsky described it as BY FAR the best relationship self help book).
2. New and Excellent Relationship Self Help Book Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by psychology PhD Dr Sue Johnson.
Hold Me Tight is great for understanding patterns in your current relationship, and also for people not currently in relationships or people who have recently divorced/separated/broken up to learn how to have better future relationships.
These books come from two very different theoretical perspectives, so they’re excellent to read in combination.
The 7 Principles of Making Marriage Work is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Hold Me Tight is based on Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Attachment Theory. The author, Dr Sue Johnson, is the founder of EFT.
Last I checked – Both books have gotten amazing reviews from readers on Amazon.
You can get the audiobook version of Hold Me Tight for FREE, using the link below which is a free trial that includes your choice of 2 free audiobooks (It’s easy to cancel before the trial period expires so you don’t have to pay anything if you don’t want to continue the service). It’s unabridged so just as good as the paper version.
Choose a Topic to Read More...
- 21 Days of Tips about Willpower (21)
- 30, 15, and 10 Day Personal Projects Guides (5)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) (39)
- Adult ADHD (7)
- Anxiety (122)
- Avoidant Coping (21)
- Bipolar Disorder (4)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (120)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Podcast (2)
- Depression (93)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) (4)
- Exercise (4)
- Happiness (86)
- Healthy Eating (39)
- Mindfulness (15)
- Parenting (10)
- Perfectionism (1)
- Positive Psychology (36)
- Procrastination (13)
- Psychology Trends (7)
- Relationships (76)
- Self Esteem (60)
- Self-Compassion (11)
- Sleep (2)
- Social Anxiety (21)
- Stress (6)
- Travel psychology (3)
- Worry (17)